Who's Difficult

2/16/11

Exercise should be fun

At the gym today there were a few of the regulars, myself being one of them. Exercise has been a saviour to me in so many ways, which I could list here but I think you'd get bored with it pretty quick. As I was looking around I noticed that a few people were just getting down to business, some were socializing and some looked downright miserable. To those people I say: Lighten UP, this is supposed to be fun! Exercise has so many benefits that I'm not going to explore, 'cause jeez Google it! And in all our heart of hearts we know that it's good for us.

I've been trying new things at the gym to keep it interesting, because while I find the gym fun it can be repetitious. I'm a big fan of the folks at Whole 9, and I absolutely adore Miss Melissa's recipe's (seriously, I've made 10+ of her recipes and I love them all - check out the Dino Chow section) and these folks are all cross-fitters. Now while there is no cross-fit gym here out in the sticks (just kiddn' Golden, I love you) I have adapted a few moves into my regular regime. Today was the triangle (I call it that, whatever) where I do 5 of all, then 10, then 15, then 20, then 15, then 10, and (thankfully) then 5. Aaaaand I'm done
  • back squats - with the heavier bar, but no plates
  • shoulder presses 8lbs
  • Russian twists with a medicine ball or a 8lb barbell
  • Push ups
It's quick and it's sweaty and I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment